Merchant ABCs host Deborah Carney joined Kim Salvino and Amy Ely of buy.at to discuss Q4 planning, including tips on how to effectively support affiliates and generate the greatest revenue from this channel during one of the most lucrative times of the year.
· Important information affiliates need to effectively promote your program in Q4
· Great Q4 holidays (beyond Black Friday) to consider for promotion opportunities
· Activities to avoid during Q4 that may cause your program to lose affiliates
· comScore 4th quarter sales reached $39 billion in 2009 and $43 billion in 2010 – presenting a huge revenue opportunity this year
· The largest online sales day in 2010 was Cyber Monday and the peak week was December 5-12th
· Plan out a promotional calendar and the dates you’ll provide relevant creative to your affiliates
· Send a list of best sellers, new Q4 products, and (for PPC affiliates) suggested keywords
· Update data feeds daily and consider “changes file,” top sellers, and category specific sub-feeds
· DO NOT plan major site updates or affiliate network changes in Q4
· If your gift cards are commissionable, let your affiliates know, if they aren’t – why not?
Thanks to Geekcast.fm for hosting our podcasts, check them out for lots of other great podcasts about affiliate marketing and marketing in general.